Table Of Contents
What Is A Snug Piercing?
It is only in recent times that the popularity of the snug piercings has grown in popularity. You might wonder what does it have that makes it so different from the other piercings – it is easy to go designs and minimal yet stylish look. Beginning from the antihelix of the ear, it comes down to the adjacent joint of the ear. The style factor here is the unique piercing pattern going through the inner cartilage and the outer cartilage. In the middle of both the cartilages lies the piercing area, and gives the scope to ample earpiece designs. For someone, who prefers to look stylish without doing much effort, a snug piercing is a go-to option. It does not only much cooler but holds onto a lot of uniqueness as well.
Snug Piercing Procedure
The snug piercing procedure is very different from the other piercings that you come across too often, and once you know the procedure, you can get to know the drill.
- Cleaning- The procedure begins with the cleaning of the anti-helix area to disinfect it from any microbes.
- Marking- Once the area is cleaned, the piercing artist will be marking the area with a marker, which is going to get pierced.
- Insertion- Once the area to be pierced has been marked, it is now time for the tattoo artist to insert the sterilized needle. It will approximately take a second. The chosen jewelry will be then put into the area.
- Fixation- The fixing part comes as the most crucial step in the procedure and your artist needs to be too gentle while fixing it on the surface of the ear cartilage.
- Instructions- Just getting done with the fixation of the piercing is not enough, and you need to take the aftercare advice as well in order to maintain the piercing.
How Much Does Snug Piercing Cost?
Let’s face it – snug piercings are not costly! Most people have a misconception that snug piercings are costly but if you end up going to a great piercing artist, then it wouldn’t cost too much. Many artists tend to overcharge the individuals because of the fancy name it has but nothing of that sort exists. In other cases, the scenario becomes different, and the artists only tend to charge more due to great quality.
Some piercing parlors tend to focus a lot on the fact to provide quality products. While doing so, they end up charging a bit more than what is usually charged. If you are someone who is too skeptical about the choice and quality of the piercing instruments and is too concerned about the hygiene, then paying something more would not really affect you. If seen through, it would cost something between £25 to £30.
How Much Does Snug Piercing Hurt?
The question might sound quite absurd to you but it is actually a very important question to put your eyes on. As you know, every piercing hurts no matter where you get them done. Compared to the standard ear piercings, the snug piercings hurt a little bit more. The snug piercings are done by doing the piercings through the cartilage, which is quite thick compared to the other ear piercings, and thus it tends to hurt more when the needle is passed through. So, be prepared to tolerate some pain. In fact, in some cases, there can be traces of blood and swelling as well and can cause infections too. Though it is quite normal to have such experiences if the redness persists, it is advised to go to the doctor and get some ointments prescribed.
Tips To Keep In Mind While Healing
If you cannot keep the patience, it is better to avoid snug piercings. The healing process of such a piercing can take from a period of three months to six months. In fact, it might take a long time if you have not taken care of it in the process. Therefore, always make sure that you take some tips from your artist before you leave the parlor that would help you to heal sooner. However, do not worry if you didn’t do so because we are going to give you some useful tips that would help your piercing to heal. So, now scroll down and check them out from the below.
- Once it is pierced, it is important to keep the (curved) barbell into the piercing. Such an element is required and must be kept inside the piercing as it remains caught in a spot, and does not move often like a ring. During the healing period, it is important to keep something that does not move often. The lesser it will move, the faster will it heal.
- Avoid touching the pierced area too often. There could be harmful bacteria present in your fingers and nails and touching the area might lead to the infection. If you have to touch it while cleaning the area, make sure you are washing your hands clean, and using the sterilized instruments.
- Do not try to change the earpiece by yourself. The earpiece that has already been fixed by the artist does not need to be changed especially in the healing period. If you are willing to do so, then consult the piercing artist, and get it done from there.
- Avoid tangy foods as much as you can during the healing period. Tangy foods usually lead to more redness and swelling especially when the piercing is too fresh.
- It is recommended to stay a bit concerned while you have newly got the piercing. Especially when you are going to sleep, be sure about your posture, and ensure that you are not hurting your piercing.
- Make sure that you follow the aftercare routine that has been given to you by the artist, and make sure that you do not change it anyway.
Snug Piercing Aftercare
Aftercare tips are the most important thing that you must keep in mind in order to keep your snug piercing healthy and safe. You need to be cautious and follow the aftercare tips for at least three to six months from the date of piercing strictly. Once you do so, you will start seeing the benefits much earlier.
- While cleaning the snug pierced area, make sure that you have prepared a salt solution and have put it into a spray bottle. While cleaning the particular area, you can spray the solution and wipe it gently.
- Be sure about the materials that you are using to clean the pierced area. It is important to use a thick tissue or non-alcoholic swab stick to clean around the piercing. Using such materials will make sure that the area does not get infected.
- Be gentle while you are applying the solution to your pierced area, and do not exert much force in the area. If you apply force, the blood might come out, making it worse. When you apply it gently, the solution gets soaked right into the spot and absorbs the mixture.
- Take your time, and repeat the same for at least two times a day. If any discharge is coming out of the pierced area, then take your time to wipe it, and remove the extra disposal from the surface area. However, make sure that you do not end up cleaning it more than two times a day.
Snug Piercing Risks
No matter what type of piercing you get done, each of them comes with a bit of a risk. Some of them are:
- The risk of infection is always there as the instruments used in the procedure might not be sterilized.
- Migration of the piercing is a common issue if your antihelix end up tends to shift to another ear location.
- The ear space or the type of jewelry you use may often pose to be a huge problem as well. Most have smaller side space beside the cartilage, which cannot accommodate earrings.
Lastly, to sum it up all, piercings aren’t easy to get but piercings are stylish as well – it is important to enjoy and celebrate it! If you take a close look, every beautiful thing comes with a certain amount of pain, and piercings are no different than that. So, don’t get disappointed, and afraid of the technical stuff instead, get the piercing done to show it off to your friends!